What is it about Operational Technology that makes overcoming the fundamentals so difficult to achieve?
December 06, 2022
James Nesbitt / Cyber Senate
As defenders, how are we implementing controls and how do we do it better? Join Jamison Nesbitt and Stefan Liversage for this educational, thought provoking and controversial conversation.
The fundamentals are simple; patching, segmentation, malware controls, visibility – but what we are trying to achieve is no easy feat when you look to dismantle more than 20 years of ad hoc OT security measures as there is still risk during the implementation phase.
Key points to be discussed:
- Technical controls / process and people
- Poor visibility (automation)
- Organisational structure to support OT
- Manage risk faster
- Contain threats quicker
- Minimise impact
- Green field vs brown field
- Skills from the ground up
- Managed services
- Managing multiple streams of activity
- Iterative, agile process, we learn, we move forward
- Rapid threat containment